Saturday, January 26, 2008

Meeting with Surgeon - Chemo First November 6, 2007

Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 7:12 PM
Subject: Update

Hi Everyone!
As you see, there are alot of friends and family I would love to talk to personally, but that would take me forever!
We just got back from our appt with the Surgical Oncologist. He says that the cancer is classified as aggressive (may be Stage III) so he is recommending we don't have surgery, at least for now. He says that the chemo can't wait so he can't risk time for recovery for the surgery. We are scheduled for a chest xray/ mri/ and blood test tomorrow. We are trying to get into see the Medical Oncologist asap, hopefully we will have an appt scheduled by next Monday. The plan could change but it LOOKS like chemo will be first starting fairly soon.
I will keep you all updated after my appointments.
Thank you so much for your prayers, calls, meals, etc. This is all new to us, so right now - talking about it is hard for me, especially not having a plan yet (and you all know how I like my plans!). Im going to do what they tell me to do, when they tell me to do it.
John asked me just now how I was feeling and the word "nothing" came to mind. I just want to get started! The more we know, the more I will be able to ask for help - Im so blessed to have you all in my life willing and able to help us.
Love you all
Kim

No comments: