Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:19 PM
Subject: 25% Complete
Today was Kims second chemo treatment. All went pretty well. I think the anti nausea medication has the most immediate affect on her, making her a little loopy! One thing that amazes me is that when the nurse gives her the first treatment she wears plastic gloves and a throwaway coverall so she doesn't get a drop on her. I guess if you get it on your skin it will burn it rather quickly.
For those who are praying, four praises and answers to prayer 1. Kims cold did not prevent her from getting treatment, 2. her white blood cell count was back to normal today after being almost dangerously low last Wed. 3. A test we were waiting on came back negative so she can continue with the treatment she is getting. The test was for another aspect of how aggressive the cancer is, and 4. I am thankful for our medical insurance. I have complained alot about it in the past but I just picked up some shots today that are ~$250 a peice and Kim needs 7 between each treatment, not to mention that actual chemo treatments!
Thank you all for all of your support, I know it means alot to Kim and especially to me. Thank you all for Loving Kim!!! I know as time moves on and the shock of all of this passes it is easy to go back to "normal" life. Please continue to support Kim and pray for her/us to get through all of this. I don't mind the challenge but I do want a positive outcome and I dont' know that I could do this alone!
Still trusting in Him,
John
No comments:
Post a Comment