Saturday, January 26, 2008

Clean Chest XRay and Blood Tests - November 9, 2007

Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 2:39 PM
Subject: Update

Well we got some good news for a change, PRAISE GOD. Kims chest xray and blood results were all good. Liver and Kidney function were good (also her sugar was good :-) but that seems minor now!). I am not exactly sure what else the blood test was for but it all was normal!!! Dr recommended genetic testing to see if Jenna is at risk. Pathology says this is an agressive cell, responsive to progesterone and estrogen so after chemo Kim will be on hormone therapy for 5 years. There is still one test outstanding. It is another test for agressiveness which came back indeterminate. If this retest comes back postive they will have to modify treatment and it will likely change the prognosis some, lowering the odds of survival. But without that test they felt she had a great prognosis, 90%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thats at 5 years) The need for radiation will be determined after the surgery, dependant on the ability of the surgeon to get a clean removal of the tumors (1 large and 3 small). The Dr doesn't know if there are more than 1 lympnodes involved, but if there were it wouldnt change the approach. She did say that she could only feel 1 inflamed node (that is encouraging).
The treatments will start asap, as soon as Kim can get a port put in. We expect this will be next week. The treatments will be a ~3 hour treatment once every two weeks for a total of 8 treatments. We got a bunch of scripts today to get filled for nausea etc. It was all very overwhelming and I am probably forgetting something. I think Kim will send out another note later tonight, she is resting now, but I wanted to get out a note to all of you asap. Thank you for your prayers, I think that they are playing a HUGE part in this. It was a definate turn upward today (although I do expect some down turns as well). Words cannot express how thankful I am for you all. God has put you all in our lives for a reason. God is AWESOME! Love you guys, please Keep praying!!
Trusting in Him!!,
John

No comments: