Saturday, January 26, 2008

37.5% Complete - December 11, 2007

Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 8:30 PM
Subject: 37.5% Complete

Thank you everyone that prayed today. Everything went very well. The nurse was able to get the needle into Kims medaport with no problem, a definate blessing after last time! We met with our new Dr. today, Dr. Julia Smith, Dr. Armstrong moved out of town. We knew she was leaving town but they wanted to get Kim in asap and she was the one with available appointments so we took it. Pray for good transfer of knowledge and treatment. They both seem to be on the same page so we continuing as planned.
One huge praise is that the Dr. had a hard time finding the tumors, she wasn't sure she felt it at all! That is good because if the treatment is killing the tumor then if any other cells are somewhere else in her body, hopefully the chemo will be killing them as well. The Dr actually called the surgeon to discuss if we should go and have markers put in so that they can tell where the tumors were in case we wanted to have a lumpectomy rather than a mastectomy. The Dr. was also surprised that Kim even had hair left. For those of you who haven't seen Kim her hair has been shaven about as short as you can get. There are also some bald spots that are growing as time goes on. I wonder if she had left it long if it would be all gone by now. I know that it is easy to pluck out.
Next treatment is the day after Christmas, which will be the last treatment of the first two drugs. Kim has been going non stop since the treatment, she even went to Target, twice! I am exhausted but I am trying to hang on, I can't let her outlast me, all I did all day was follow her around!
Again, thank you for all of your prayers. God definately seems to be at work physically, mentally and spiritually for both of us.
Trusting in Him,
John

No comments: