Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 9:06 PM
Subject: 50% Complete!
Hi everyone,
Not alot of news today. Kim had her 4th treatment today, the last of the first two drugs. The next 4 treatments will be with a different drug which should have some milder side effects including less nausea, metal taste, etc. I stayed home with the kids today and Kims friend Tory went with her. Kim met with the Nurse Practitioner instead of the Dr.
Please pray for Kim over the next few days, it seems that days 2 through 5 after the treatment last time were the worst including some nausea and extreme fatigue. The effects of the last treatment were worse than the previous treatment so we are expecting this Fri-Mon to be the toughest so far. In addition both kids have the worst colds of the year so far! Considering what these treatments are doing we praise God that they are as tolerable as they are (easy for me to say, right?). If you think of it, throw a quick prayer in there for me as well as I will probably be taking care of the kids for the next few days ;-) My friend Marty is in town til Friday so Andrew will be occupied but I may be playing alot of Barbie!
The next treatment is January 8th at 9:15. That is about it for todays report. I will send out another if there is any news before the next treatment.
Again, thank you all for helping us out by either praying for us, getting our Christmas tree, raking our yard, bringing us dinner, sending an encouraging word, or redoing our bathroom ;-) Having you all in our lives with all of your support has been a great blessing that I am sure God had planned for us. Please continue to pray for Kim!
Trusting in Him,
John
No comments:
Post a Comment