We met with the Surgical Oncologist today. Healing is going good, as to be expected. The thing that we(I) were most interested in was the Pathology report. It wasn't as good as I had hoped for but I guess it wasn't really horrible either. They got good margins between the cancer and good tissue on all of incisions, but here still was a tumor in the breast. It had decreased in size from somewhere around 2cm x 2cm+ down to 1.3 cm. It is encouraging that it shrunk but I was hoping that it would be much smaller or gone altogether. It did respond to the chemo which is important. The surgeon didn't really give us a feel for how good a response that is, that will probably come from the Medical Oncologist. We also knew that there was at least one lymphnode involved. It turns out that there were 5 out of the 14 that they removed that were involved. I don't really know to what extent. I am just thinking now that there is no mention of the other 3 tumors, but the report says the largest tumor is 1.3cm. Not sure if that means the other are gone or just smaller. Because of the number of lymphnnodes involved the surgeon expected more chemo and then radiation but we will find that out on April 15th when we meet with the Medical Oncologist.
16 days seems like a lifetime to wait to hear what will be next. It feels like we took a detour in the upward path we felt we were on.
Pray that all of the cancer was removed with the surgery and prepare us for the next steps!
Trusting in Him more than ever!
John
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment