Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Recovery: Day 1

Day 1 of recovery is going well. There were a couple of things this morning that have since gotten better. Overnight they forgot to put on her leg massage thingys so this morning her right leg was numb and they couldn't find a pulse it in. They brought in the doppler machine and they found a pulse and since then she has regained feeling. She also had some fluid in her lungs this morning but that has apparently gotten better throughout the day as well.

Kim has been up walking a few times today and has been eating pretty normal. Each walk has been getting a little longer. She has all tubes/etc removed except for a ball that delivers medication internally to her wounds. Still lots of sleeping, but much better than yesterday at this time. She got to talk to the kids today which was nice, they both told her they loved her, which really lifted her spirits.

I guess there is still some question as to what the next steps will be for treating the cancer. Our next appointment with the Medical Oncologist will give us more answers, more chemo, radiation, etc. I am not sure when that appointment is but when we get news, I will share. We have not gotten a definative answer on when she will be going home, but it seems like it may be tomorrow. They also will be sending a nurse to check in on Thursday.

I will be leaving soon to go home and get the kids from Grandma. Bath night! (for the kids ;-) ) I may need some prayers for that! Thanks again for the prayers, they are working!

Trusting in Him!
John

No comments: