Thursday, March 13, 2008

4 Days and Counting (and peach fuzz!!)

Hello everyone, it has been almost a month since the last update. It has been pretty uneventful, even with a few Dr. appts. There still is no trace of the tumor, at least the Dr cannot feel it(PRAISE). Kim had her preop Monday and we haven't heard anything since, so we assume everything is still a go(PRAISE). The surgery is Monday the 17th at 9:00 but we have to be at Rochester General Hospital at 7. They have said that the surgery should be in the ballpark of 4 hours, so I guess that would make it around 1:00 by the time they are done. There will be two surgeons, the Oncologist and the Plastic Surgeon. Once the Oncologist is done with one side he will switch and the Plastic Surgeon will take over.

I guess for those that are on this email list for the first time, I should mention that Kim is having a Total Masectomy on her right side and a Modified Radical Masectomy on the left side (includes the lympnodes). If you want to catch up on any of the emails that you have missed you can go to http://www.dancercancer.blogspot.com/

Kim already has the full two weeks after surgery planned so that they kids are taken car of while I am at work. She will have plenty of time to just relax and heal so we just increased our Netflix membership. These next two weeks may be the hardest so far for Kim since just relaxing and doing nothing is one of the hardest things for Kim to do. I plan on being home Mon - Wed. We are not sure exactly when Kim will be home, but probably around 3 days in the hospital. Kim has a friend coming up from Virgina to stay with her Thur and Fri to take care of her while I am at work.

The past month has been pretty much normal. I have tried to start burning off all of that GOOD FOOD that everyone brought us while Kim was doing chemo. Kim has been going full blast. I don't know if she was home for a full day all week. Tonight is her opening night for Irondequoit High Schools "Once Upon A Mattress". We did have a bit of a downer when Kim lost most of her eyelashes and eyebrows. We thought she had made it through the chemo without losing them, but a week or two after she was done, they came out. She has already started to regrow them both and the hair on her head has also started coming in. It took a long time for the hair to start to regrow. I think our expectations were a little high, but we are excited now that she has some blonde peach fuzz! We also purchased our Celebration trip tickets to Florida for the first week in May!! The kids are very excited for that!

Thank you all for the cards and well wishes this past week. We appreciate you keeping us in your prayers.

Prayer Requests: Peace and trust going into the surgery. Skill for the Dr.'s. Clean margins for the tumor removal. Success with the Anethesiologist using Kims mediport (PRAISE THAT THEY CAN USE THIS!!!) instead of an IV. Tolerance of the anesthesia. Care for the kids while we are the hosptial and for their comfort and understanding while Mommy is hurting (Kim won't be able to lift them for a while). Strength for Kim and I while with the kids. Peace and trust coming out of the surgery with the realization of what just happened. SUCCESS, that she will now be cancer FREE!!!

We are VERY optimistic and thank all of you for everything you have done for us, physically and spiritually! Please continue to pray for Kim to have the AMAZING trust and strength that she has already shown us all! I will try to get an email out as soon as I can after surgery. Feel free to send me emails, I will print them all and make sure that Kim gets them while she is in the hospital.


Trusting in Him!
John

No comments: