Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Surgery Update

Quick update while I sit here in the hospital with Kim. Surgery appears to have gone really well. We got to the hospital at 5:30 a.m., she went in at 7:30 a.m. and was out of surgery and into recovery by 9:00 a.m.. They kept her in recovery for 3 hours and then up to her room. She was pretty groggy until around 4, but since then she has been awake. She is actually acting more like she just woke up from a nap than major surgery. She has already been up and walking twice. She ate a dinner (I had to go and get her something, I got to eat the hospital dinner, I think it was chicken ;-) ) including a snickers! The amazing thing to me is that she isn't on any pain medicine and not even hooked up to anything. The plan is she will get discharged before her radiation treatment at 7:00 a.m. in the morning and then she goes home! Amazing!!
Thank you all for your prayers! Please give thanks and praise tonight!!!!!
Trusting in Him!
John

No comments: