Hey everyone,
I thought I would send out an update. Kim had chemo #7 on April 21. She had a lot of bone pain which lasted about 4 days but after that she was pretty much back to normal. We went to Florida for the week of May 3-10th and had a GREAT time. We made it to Magic Kingdom, MGM (Hollywood Studios) and Sea World. Kim had the energy to spend the whole day at a park with little rest. We were at Magic Kingdom from 9:30 -9:30! The highlights were Jenna seeing Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty as soon as we walked in and Andrew getting to fight Darth Vader (actually that might have been my highlight, I was so proud ;-) ) Hopefully I can post some pictures and maybe even the video of the battle. The kids had the best time swimming, we had to drag them out of the pool. The weather was great, it was sunny and around 90 all week.
Kim had her last chemo treatment this past Monday the 21st. The bone pain is just kicking in today and will probably last a few more days. I have to wake her a couple of times in the night to get her medicine so the pain doesn't get ahead of her. She was very excited that it was the last treatment. It may sound odd, but I always looked forward to chemo days because we got to hang out and do it together. Kims hair is also falling out, she actually shaved it again yesterday. I think I like the shaved look better than they way it was last week!
Kim has had several appts the past few weeks. Today she met with the Radiologist. She will begin radiation sometime very soon after June 3rd, every week day for 25-28 treatments. It sounds like the radiation is pretty uneventful. They will have to give her tatoos to get her aligned correctly so that the radiation will miss her heart and lungs. The radiation is to make sure that any breast tissue that was left behind is clean and that the lympnodes that were not removed, up hear the collar bone are clear. There is not any cancer that they are specifically targeting. Kim has also scheduled her hysterectomy for July 11th. Being BRAC2 positive having the survery is a good idea. It also will put her into menopause which will be good since her cancer is estrogen sensitive. She will begin her 5 year treatment of Tamoxifen the same time she begins radiation.
Praises- Kims energy and attitude, faith, trust, hair lasting through Florida, FLORIDA and DISNEY!, SPRING, pain medicine, Drs, support of friends and family and a plan and an end in sight.
Prayer requests - Accuracy of the tatoos when aligning Kim for radiation, effectiveness of the radiation or better yet, that there is nothing to need killing! Hair regrowth, energy, pain control, effectiveness of Tamoxifen, knowledge of Doctors, dealing with menopause symptoms, healing, trust, growing faith and peace!
Hope everyone is doing well!
Trusting in Him!
John
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment